Saturday, April 9, 2011

One Month


One Month Ago...

We Meet

Today
Ava, Emma, and Me

It's hard to believe it's been a month already since I delivered Ava.  Many physical and emotional changes have taken place since then for me.  I feel like it's been a whirlwind.  I'm just now beginning to understand and appreciate this precious gift.  Ava was a month old on Thursday and she is changing by the minute!  It's been wonderful to be home with her and watch all these changes happen first-hand.  Ava has such an expressive face, and it makes me laugh as I watch the expressions that go across her face at any given moment.  These expressions include pursing her lips into a small "o", widening her eyes as if she's surprised, and of course the many expressions her face takes on when she's upset or frustrated.  I always wonder what she's thinking, and I can't wait until she can tell me!  I'm sure those days will come soon enough.  For now, I am content with every involuntary "smile" I can get!  Our days have consisted of a rough routine of eating, tummy time, lots of diaper and outfit changes, walks around the block in the stroller, and time in the swing in the evening (so Mommy and Daddy can eat dinner!).  It's definitely been an adjustment to bring home a newborn.  Between lack of sleep, recovery from childbirth, and hormonal ups and downs, it's certainly been an adventure!  But we find that we're really starting to enjoy being parents.  One of the best parts is learning all about Ava and really studying her.  We have found she really likes to see her hands, so the first few weeks we had to swaddle her so her hands could stick out!  Here she is at about two weeks:

Ava is now sleeping in her own crib, and she's not crazy about the swaddle anymore.  Here are some photos of her nursery:

Ava really likes her room and loves looking around when we're changing her, rocking her to sleep, or feeding her. 

Ava is sleeping well and only gets up a few times at night to eat.  I think she has adjusted to life outside the womb and now understands the difference between night and day.  Thank goodness!  I wonder if she'll be a morning person because she always seems really happy and content when I pick her up from her crib at around 8 am.  When I was pregnant with her, she was really active in the mornings and continues to be even now.

Here's some other fun pictures of my days with Ava:

Tummy Time



In Her Swing - And Telling Me a Story!
 
Ava's Favorite Way to be Held

A Close-Up - So Cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment