This week we had great visits from Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson. We are so happy they came over to see us! Here are some beautiful pictures of their visit:
 |
| Grandma Talking to Ava |
 |
| Grandpa Stopping By After a Long Day at Work for Some "Ava Time" |
 |
| Mom and Ava Talking |
 |
| Ava Gets a Kiss from Grandpa |
All my life, my grandparents have lived out of town and at least 3 hours away. Many holidays were spent on the road visiting them. They spent many hours on the road to attend our concerts, special days, and graduations. I am so thankful and blessed to have had grandparents who were willing to make the effort to see me, as well as parents who were willing to make our relationship a priority. I especially remember my Grandma and Grandpa Dykes attending "Grandparents' Day" with me at school. They got to come to school, meet my teachers, and even have lunch with me in the cafeteria (and I was finally justified when they complained to my parents about how bad the food was... it wasn't just me being picky!). I will never forget the many memories and life-shaping moments and conversations we had and continue to have together. My one wish growing up: that one of my grandparents could live in town with me. I got to spend one week with Grandma and Grandpa Dykes each summer. I fished with Grandpa, shopped and did chores/basically followed Grandma around all day (I loved it!) and made iced tea for Grandpa. I used to cry for hours and was just devastated when I finally had to go home. Even in college I found myself getting a little emotional on the way home from their house after a long weekend with them. So I am overjoyed that we live in the same town as my parents so that Ava can enjoy spending lots of time with them. And with Grandma and Grandpa Feldick so close in Iowa City, I'm sure she will get to spend lots of great quality time with them as well. Ava is so lucky! And finally, at almost 30 years old, my own childhood wish has finally come true. I am so happy that my Grandma Dykes now lives in Cedar Falls! She moved here a few years ago after Grandpa passed away. Although I miss him so much and wish he were here, I am so glad that I can spend a few hours a day with her - whenever I want to! She's just a 10-minute drive away. This is especially wonderful now that I have my own daughter. Not many little girls can say that they were babysat by their great-grandmother. Ava can say that, thanks to my Grandma's willingness to come over and babysit a few hours if I need to get out, have an appointment, or whatever. She is also going to babysit Ava one day a week when I go back to work. I am so thrilled that they can spend time together getting to know each other. Now Ava can form a relationship with one of the closest people to my heart: my Grandma Dykes. Here are some pictures from Grandma's visit this week:
 |
| Talking to Ava |
 |
| Cuddle Time With Great Grandma Dykes |
 |
| Chatting with Grandma |
 |
| More Cuddles |
Love you, Grandma, and thanks for taking time out of your day to come over and see us this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment