Ava is a little over two months now, and she is sure getting big! We had her two-month checkup on May 16th and she weighed 12 pounds 4 ounces. Her weight is in the 75th percentile of all infants. She was 24 inches long, and her length is in the 95th percentile - I think she's getting her height from her daddy! Dr. Sandell was pleased with her progress so far. She is rolling over from front to back, but also from back to front. Check out these photos from her crib this morning: I put her on her back to sleep and this is how I found her!
 |
| Ava, the foot of the crib is the other direction! |
It was so hilarious that I had to capture it on camera. I have no idea if she slept like this all night, or if she just moved into this position this morning. So funny.
 |
Good Morning, Mom!
|
Ava is cooing and makes "ah-goo" sounds. She laughs and giggles sometimes, which is absolutely the best thing ever. She gives lots of smiles during the day. We still struggle with early evening or twilight hour fussing, and sometimes she doesn't take naps during the mornings or afternoons. This week was an especially fussy time for her, as she received her first round of shots at her appointment. Although it was hard to see her cry, I kept telling her how brave she was and that shots were much better than contracting one of those nasty diseases! Ava is sleeping pretty well at night, and is sometimes waking up without needing to eat. We are getting up and soothing her back to sleep without feeding her each time, and she seems to do pretty well at not needing to eat each time she wakes up. Soon she will learn how to soothe herself back to sleep and this will be a major step in her development (and the return of our sanity!). Just kidding - she's been a wonderful baby and we are thankful that she doesn't keep us up for hours in the middle of the night with fussing. She's been finding her hands lately and loves to look at her fingers. She enjoys swinging in her swing, listening to music (especially when you sing along with the music - it always gets a smile!), and hanging out on the floor or laying and staring up at the ceiling fan as it turns. We are reading books before bedtime when we can, and I think she will soon start to enjoy this. Right now, she's pretty squirmy as we read to her, but I'm sure this will get better. She also enjoys sitting under her rainforest play gym and looking at the butterflies, monkeys, and other animals that hang down (thanks to Aunt Marissa's mom Helene and sister Andrea!). Ava is still loving bathtime, and often is quiet and alert as we wash her up. Typical girl loves her bathtime! Ava can already tell a stranger from someone she knows. Although she doesn't cry when someone new holds her, you can definitely tell that she's not as comfortable with them as she is with someone she knows. Ava is just a delight, a beautiful baby, and has brought so much joy and sunshine into our lives!
This has been my second week back at work. I think the transition has gone well. I love my job and was ready to get back to a routine there. I missed our clients and working with my Dad and our administrative assistant, Lindsay. We are a great team together, and it was nice to get back to doing something I'm familiar with and feel good about. Dare I say that being a financial advisor might be "easier" some days than being at home with an infant day in and day out? I have new respect for stay-at-home moms, that's for sure! So far I am enjoying the variety in my life: I get to do the work I love to do, while also being able to come home for lunch and in the evenings to see my beautiful daughter. My mom and grandma are watching Ava during the week, and there is such peace of mind for me that she is in such good hands while I am away from her. It made the transition lots easier. Of course, nothing good comes easy, so there have been hard days and moments when I just want to run home and snuggle her! But I am blessed to have the flexibility that, if I need to, I can run home quick, get a hug, and jet back to work! I am very grateful to my family and co-workers for their help during my maternity leave as well as my transition back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment