Sunday, March 6, 2011


Waiting for Baby Feldick


Welcome to the Feldick Family blog!  Erik and I decided to start this blog to keep family and friends updated about our growing family, as well as to chronicle all of the little daily miracles that we are about to experience with the birth of our first child.  I can't believe she is about to arrive.  After nine months of preparation and pregnancy symptoms, it's come down to a matter of days before our baby girl enters this world.  I realized today that I now have a completely new understanding of the Advent and Lent Seasons.  The Lord really has much to teach us when He asks us to wait and prepares our hearts for the arrival of something new.  I remember asking my mom many times over the years how she went from woman to mother.  How does a person go from just worrying about themselves to becoming a parent?  She always told me, "Over the nine months of pregnancy, God prepares you."  I suspect I'll understand what she meant when I hold my daughter for the first time.  I am overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation of her arrival, and yet I have had moments of stress and panic as I realize the baby could arrive any day ... and do I have enough onesies?!  Is my bag packed?  Have I stocked up on enough essentials?  I have made multiple to-do lists since I found out I was pregnant, and most have been completed. I'm sure I will forget to do some of the things I meant to do, but the Lord has been gracious and given me enough time to complete all the major things that have weighed on my mind.  And, if I've forgotten something, I know that life will go on!  The nursery is complete, stocked, and waiting for baby.  She already has half a closet of clothes, thanks to some pretty amazing family and friends!  The car seat has been installed for a few weeks now, and the hospital bag is packed.  And now, I get the sense that these things, while important, are not really what the baby needs to feel at home.  She needs what money can't buy: love.  So Erik and I have been praying that the Lord would help us to love our little girl as He would want us to.  That He would give us everything we need to be the best parents to her that we can be.  Even though I know I will make mistakes as a mom, I pray that the Lord would help me be and do what I can to provide her with the love and support she needs.  We have been blessed with unconditional love and support from parents and grandparents, family and friends.  We want to bless our children by giving these gifts to them as well.  So as we welcome Baby Feldick, we appreciate your prayers, wisdom, and encouragement as we celebrate the amazing gift of life the Lord has brought into our home!  We will keep this blog up-to-date as we begin this new adventure as parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment